Registration Dates and Information for Non-Matriculated Students
What Is A Non-Matriculated Student?
A non-matriculated student is a student who is not currently enrolled in a degree program.
As a Non-Matriculated Student, How Do I Register For Courses?
Step 1: Apply
Complete and submit the online Non-Matriculated Student Registration Form before the published start date. The online form is submitted directly and requires no further action.
Note: If you have problems accessing the online form, please contact the Registrar’s Office at (518) 564-2100 or email [email protected].
Step 2: Receive Registration Approval
The Registrar's Office will forward an e-mail to you after your application is processed. The email will provide your assigned date and time to access Banner Web to complete the registration process. All applications must be received at least two business days prior to the start date of classes.
- Summer 2018: non-matriculated student registration begins April 9, 2018 (10 a.m.) through the first day of the course.
- Fall 2018: non-matriculated student registration begins August 6, 2018 (10 a.m.) through the first day of the course.
Step 3: Register on Banner Web
- Non-matriculated students register for classes on a space-available basis. SUNY Plattsburgh reserves the right to deny entry to a class if a non-matriculated student does not meet the prerequisite or other established registration criteria.
- Non-matriculated students may register for a maximum of 11 credit hours each semester (fall/spring).
- Non-matriculated graduate students who plan to matriculate into a graduate program may apply a maximum of 12 graduate credit hours accrued as a non-matriculated student toward a graduate program. We strongly recommend that you discuss your plans with an adviser in the appropriate department before taking any courses.
- Register for courses on Banner Web once your application is approved. Banner Web registration instructions are listed below.
Note: These documents require Acrobat Reader, which is available as a free download.
Banner Web Online Registration Instructions
- Access Banner Web from Plattsburgh's homepage at web.plattsburgh.edu.
- Click on the MyPlattsburgh link.
- Login with your NetId and Password. Questions about using your SUNY Plattsburgh NetID and password?
- Click on Student Services menu tab.
- Under Registrar, click on Lookup Courses to Add.
- Select Term (Summer 2018 or Fall 2018).
- Click Advanced Search.
- Select course subject or other search criteria and press the Class Search button.
- Check the box next to the desired course(s), scroll to end of page, and submit changes.
Banner Web Registration Assistance
We've gathered together some information for those who need help registering for courses at SUNY Plattsburgh.
Registration Related Forms
Click here to access the following SUNY Plattsburgh registration related forms.
- Authorization for an Undergraduate Student to Take a Graduate Course
- College Withdrawal (Undergraduate, Non-Medical Reasons)
- Course Schedule Adjustment
- Credit Hour Overload
- Cross Registration
- Enrollment Verification
- Independent Study
- Intent to Return to Graduate Studies
- Non-Matriculated Student Registration
- Permission for Off-Campus Study
Tuition Refund Schedule
|Length of Course||1st Day||2nd Day||1st Week||2nd Week||3rd Week||4th Week||5th Week|
|1 week class||100%||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|2 week class||100%||100%||20%||0||0||0||0|
|3 week class||100%||100%||35%||0||0||0||0|
|4 week class||100%||100%||50%||0||0||0||0|
|5 week class||100%||100%||100%||25%||0||0||0|
|6 week class||100%||100%||100%||30%||0||0||0|
|7 week class||100%||100%||100%||35%||0||0||0|
|8 week class||100%||100%||100%||40%||20%||0||0|
|9 week class||100%||100%||100%||45%||25%||0||0|
|10 week class||100%||100%||100%||50%||30%||0||0|
|11 week class||100%||100%||100%||55%||35%||0||0|
|12 week class||100%||100%||100%||60%||40%||0||0|
For more information, please contact:
Phone: (518) 564-2100
Fax: (518) 564-4900
Email: [email protected]
Mailing Address:Registrar's Office SUNY Plattsburgh
101 Broad St
Plattsburgh, NY 12901